Online training course - Safe Use of Compressed Gases
The 'Safe Use of Compressed Gases' course explains the potential hazards involved when using compressed gases in gas welding, flame cutting and related processes, and the precautions which must be taken to reduce the risk of injury and damage caused by fires and explosions.
Course modules :
- Introduction Lists the typical components of gas welding equipment, and introduces the standard colours used for gas cylinders and hoses, and the different hose threads.
- Fire, Explosion & Other Hazards Considers the main hazards when using compressed gases, and the specific characteristics of acetylene, propane and oxygen.
- Design & Construction of EquipmentLooks at the materials which are, and those which are not, suitable for oxygen and acetylene service, and the need for oxygen equipment to be kept scrupulously clean.
- Storage & Handling of Gas CylindersDescribes the correct way to store and handle gas cylinders.
- Personal Protective EquipmentConsiders the PPE requirements for operators of gas welding and cutting equipment.
- Operating ProceduresDeals with training, normal operations, lighting up & shutting down procedures, emergency procedures, work in confined spaces and dangerous operations.
- Fire PrecautionsExplains the need for operators to assess the risk of fire, and to take all necessary precautions to prevent fires occurring.
- Maintenance, Examination & Testing of EquipmentOutlines the requirements for the regular examination of transportable gas cylinders.
- Self Test
20 questions covering each of the previous modules. A certificate is offered if the test is passed.
The Safe Use of Compressed Gases course is ideally for:
managers and supervisors, as well as those who use and maintain such equipment.
The Safe Use of Compressed Gases course timing:
The 'Safe Use of Compressed Gases' course takes approximately 70 minutes to complete. You are purchasing one copy of this course, with one attempt at the test at the end.
Tracking of progress takes place on every page of the course. Therefore, if there is a failure for any reason, you can log in again and carry on with the course until completion.
The course contains an interactive self assessment with multiple choice questions to test your understanding of the contents of the course. On successful completion of the test, you will receive a downloadable certificate of competency which you may print.
How to buy and do the course
Each course costs £14.95+vat (£17.94) which you order and pay for online. Payment is via paypal, which allows you to use a debit or credit card. We are not given any of the payment or personal details.
When you purchase a course - you are buying one copy of the course which contains tutorial material and a test. The test has a passmark of 75%, and you get one go at the test. If you fail it, you must buy another copy and have another go.
See the 'Help' option below for more details about how to buy and do this course.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- CDM Regs
- Chemical Safety
- Confined Spaces
- COMAH 2015
- Computer Safety
- COSHH Assessment
- Driving Safely
- Drugs & Alcohol at Work
- Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Safety
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Offshore
- Environmental Management Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Regulations
- Flammable Liquids
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Heat Stress
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Manual Handling
- Noise at Work
- Radiation Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Matters
- Safety Signs
- Safe Use of Compressed Gases
- Safe Use of Fixed Machines
- Safe Use of Small Tools
- Spill Prevention and Control
- Transporting Dangerous Goods
- Working Alone
- Working at Heights
- Workplace Transport Safety